Cloud Based ERP – Business Process Engineering and Opportunities
Today's businesses operate in a highly complex business environment that is composed of a growing number of employees, partners, processes and business systems. No businessman can hope to survive on his own because the market is changing everyday. Similarly employees need a finely tuned system to succeed.
Business Process Engineering
For many years now, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software has been the preferred choice of big companies for driving visibility, efficiency, standardization and collaboration, within and outside the organization culture. Combined with Business Process Engineering (BPE), which helps in designing, executing, monitoring and optimization internal processes, ERP Software has helped business two fold –
- Driving efficiency
- Improving Customer satisfaction
With ERP Software moving to cloud, even a small business (defined here as a business with a limited IT budget) can implement ERP + Business Process Engineering and drive efficiency and customer service besides cost cutting spanning the entire organization. Business Process Engineering provides the processes and ERP provides the tools for their successful implementation. Organizations that have both are more likely to standardize processes spanning different departments of an organization.
Cloud based ERP Software Benefits -
- Cloud based ERP provides the data needed by Business Process Engineering to run efficiently.
- While Designing – Business Process Engineering uses data from ERP to understand the needs and requirements of the business and design business processes accordingly. Even a small businessman can increase workplace efficiency and stay relevant in a competitive marketplace.
- While Executing –Standardization of processes eases decision making in customer facing functions likes sales, after sales service, trouble shooting etc.
- While Monitoring – With real time data available at their fingertips businesses can understand deviances from the norm and red flag events deviating from the standard.
- While Optimizing – In order for an organization to run effectively, processes should be mapped out properly on the basis of resources available and organization goals. Business Process engineering lays down the processes to be implemented by ERP.
The forces of Globalization spare none. The only way to survive in today's market is by reducing costs by driving workplace efficiency. With ERP available on cloud and rapid advances made in the field of Business Process Engineering business can meet the challenges arising out of Globalization head on and remain relevant it today's fast changing business environment.