Five Golden Rules for Choosing the Best Netsuite Consultant
Netsuite provides the tools necessary for driving business efficiency. However, to get the most out of this powerful service, businesses need to hire consultants for professional installations.
Consulting is an important part of any successful Netsuite implementation, but businesses often make the mistake of hiring the lowest bidder, for the sake of saving money, leading to disastrous results for the business and its owners.
Avoid Following with Netsuite implementation -
- Your consultant may leave or shut shop;
- Your in-house IT may not have the expertise to troubleshoot Netsuite issues;
- Netsuite rolls out an update but your system shows an error;
- Business dynamics may change requiring immediate Netsuite customization;
- New consultant takes time to understand your system and provide the necessary troubleshooting taking your system downtime longer than you expected;
- Cost escalations
Netsuite requires a lot of customization before it becomes fit for use. It is not an out of the box solution that you can just plug into your existing systems and hope for the results. A Netsuite consultant will carry out the necessary customization, troubleshooting and software upgrades necessary for the efficient working of your system.
Identify The Best Netsuite Consultant
A good consultant will save your time and money, prevent business downtime and drive business efficiency. While there are no set rules for choosing a Netsuite Consultant, you will do well to follow the following guidelines -
- Check relevant industry experience - Before bringing a Netsuite Consultant onboard check their prior record successful implementations especially those relevant to your industry. Do they cater to your industry? Every industry is different dealing with different problems and complexities. Get a consultant who understands your business inside out and save yourself from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Check quality of internal hires - Success or failure of in your line of business depends upon the quality of the Netsuite implementation. Check the qualification and experience level of the people responsible for the implementation before opening the doors of your office (literally) to them.
- Check availability - Since this is a complex platform you will need round the clock customer service to ensure the smooth running of your business. Do they provide toll free numbers? Do they provide troubleshooting over the phone? Do they provide technicians in your area? These questions matter when it comes to getting the highest performance from your Netsuite package.
- Check Customer Satisfaction - Check online forums for reviews. Forums like Better Business Bureau provide reliable information. A few negative responses are expected. Don't trust glowing reviews, keep researching.
- Check for Recurring customers - A low attrition rate is a good indicator of quality. A Netsuite Consultant with over 99% repeat customers is good for your company because it guarantees results.
You can't go wrong with your Netsuite Implementation if you follow the five golden rules given above.