Leveraging NetSuite to "Green" Your Business
The business world's interest in "greening" has observed an exponential growth over the last few years. As the awareness about the impact of human activities on the planet has increased, the responsibility of the corporate houses towards facilitating a greener tomorrow has been demanded by the consumers, employees and the society at large.
Realizing this growing trend, many companies have shifted their focus towards being more conscious towards their actions and in the process have also realized that it will add up to their positive brand image in the market and consequently more business value will be generated.
To put it in the most simplified terms, let's say that pollution is waste and we all know that waste costs money. On the other hand, "greening" stands for not only saving on the cost front but actually creating value for the business and the people involved in that chain such as consumers and the society at large. Hence, acting more responsibly is only going to add value to your business and would prove hugely beneficial in the long run.
You might think that to carry out a "green" initiative in your company you might require some special tools. However, the reality is that you don't require anything extra than what is already there. For example, if you're using NetSuite, then probably you are using it for the following reasons:
- It facilitates a more productive workplace through access to real-time data which can be navigated anytime from anywhere.
- Its dashboard helps in decision making process.
- Better visibility facilitates faster decision making.
- Gears your finance team with state-of-the art role based dashboards, scorecards, reports and detailed financial analytics to enhance the financial close.
- Its strong traceability helps in improved accountability and compliance.
Now, if NetSuite is capable of doing so many things to increase the efficiency of your business, it can help in keeping track of your green initiatives as well. So, NetSuite could also be used to:
- Assimilate information on environmental factors related to your business and improve the decision making process.
- Keep a track of the environmental footprints of the company.
- Lastly, evaluate the effectiveness of the green initiative thus implemented.
However, it should be kept in mind that the profitability of the business is not to be compromised with the implementation of the green initiatives. Rather a fine balance needs to be struck which results in great products and also helps in reducing the wastes to a minimum. Hence, settling on a game-plan that ensures greater profitability and environment friendliness would take a bit of a research and might require some expert help.
To conclude, Netsuite is a great product to provide impetus to the productivity of a business as well as act as a leverage to "green" your business and create a cleaner, greener planet.